Buying a wedding band can be a difficult endeavor even to the most confident of men. Finding the best band takes a lot of time and thought. Even so, the process does not have to be stressful. By using the following tips, you will be able to find and purchase a groom’s ring with ease and confidence.
Whether you are buying your own wedding band or your friend or fiancée is surprising you with one, there are a number of critical considerations you have to make prior to making your choice. Even if you plan on upgrading later, the first ring is always the most memorable.
When buying a wedding band, you should not only focus on its beauty, but also the lifestyle of the groom. What type of work or hobbies is he involved in? Will such activities damage the type of ring you are about to buy? Is he allowed to wear a ring while at work?
If the regular activities of the groom are tough on jewelry, or if he prefers to wear the ring all the time, it is important that you focus more on durable rings. The type of stones you use on the ring will also affect its durability.
- Lower-karat gold is more durable than higher-karat gold. This is because gold is alloyed to make it stronger.
- Silver is affordable but not very durable. It is therefore not the best option.
- Platinum is durable but quite heavy.
- Titanium is more durable than platinum and actually weighs much less. It is almost as strong as steel.
- This is a great alternative to platinum since it is light and durable. It is also affordable, and therefore a considerable choice for men’s wedding bands.
- This material is both durable and affordable. Tungsten carbide is a great choice if the ring will be prone to scratches.
- The material is both affordable and durable. It can also be combined with tungsten for maximum durability.
There are adjectives that describe different rings. Make sure they are true to the personality of the groom. For example, a plain gold ring is considered to be a classic. Stones like diamonds can bring personality to a classic ring. Select a ring that will draw the attention of the groom and his peers, just like his personality.
Although getting the most impressive wedding band is the goal, make sure you don’t strain your budget. Even with the more expensive options, there are several methods you can use to get the best bargain such as comparing between stores and going for the lower-karat options. Platinum bands are quite pricey whereas silver bands are rather affordable.
The bride’s ring
Choosing a wedding band that goes together with the bride’s ring should always be your top priority. They don’t have to be a perfect match, but they should go well together. Consider the metal, stone selection, intricacy level and engraving.
Exchanging wedding bands is exciting. Make sure you have the perfect band for the big day.
Phil Karaman is a jeweler. He designs and sells men’s wedding bands. He is committed to educating couples on the best wedding bands to purchase.